As many people around the world are working remotely, we are seeing an increased need to streamline the work experience and help prioritize what is important. Following our recent blogon Teams product news, we are excited to announce our newest device innovation, Microsoft Teams displays, a category of all-in-one dedicated Teams devices featuring an ambient touchscreen, and a hands-free experience powered by Cortana.
We brought Microsoft Teams phones to market about 3 years ago and have seen an accelerated expansion of devices, presenting a wide selection of devices for customers to choose from. Today, we are reimagining the personal workspace with Microsoft Teams displays by integrating the Teams collaboration and communication experience into your home and workplace with high fidelity audio and video.
1. All-in-one dedicated Teams devices Microsoft Teams displays bring together your favorite Teams features: chat, meetings, calls, calendar, and files into a single device, promoting human connection in the remote workplace. With Teams displays, you can enjoy a high-quality microphone, camera, and speakers (or Bluetooth headset) for a reliable calling and meeting experience.
Dedicated Teams devices like Bluetooth headsets (left) and displays (center) create a more reliable calling and meeting experience.
2. Glanceable ambient personalizable displays Microsoft Teams displays help you stay on top of your busy work with always-on displays highlighting important activities and notifications and removing distractions from your primary work device. Also, you can personalize your Microsoft Teams displays by changing your wallpaper and additional personalization options will become available.
Microsoft Teams displays can be personalized to include wallpapers and highlight important activities and notifications.
3. Hands-free voice assistance with Cortana Microsoft Teams displays allow you to speak in natural language to effortlessly join and present in meetings, dictate replies to a Teams chat, and more. You can make requests to Cortana like "What is on my calendar today?", "Share this document with Megan", "Join my next meeting", “Add Joe to this meeting", "Present the quarterly review deck".
4. Better together with your PC Microsoft Teams displays seamlessly integrate with your PC to bring a companion experience that allows for seamless cross-device interaction. You can easily lock and unlock both devices from your connected PC, open files or messages then easily transition to your PC, and join meetings from either device with a distributed meeting experience across both devices.
Using Microsoft Teams displays allows for a distributed meeting experience across devices.
5. Enterprise privacy, security, and compliance Microsoft Teams displays ensure user's privacy and meets enterprise-grade security and compliance in several ways:
With a camera shutter and microphone mute switch, users can feel assured that your conversations and video will remain private.
IT admins can securely manage, update, and monitor Microsoft Teams displays through the Teams admin portal.
Users will securely sign in with their enterprise Azure Active Directory credentials.
With Cortana built-in, the Lenovo ThinkSmart View will be the first Microsoft Teams display to market, with Yealink also delivering one of the first devices in this category. Microsoft Teams displays with Cortana will be available in the U.S. later this year, with plans to expand Cortana to other markets in the future.
The first Microsoft Teams displays are from Lenovo (left) and Yealink (right).