A vibrant new look and feel is coming to Microsoft Teams Rooms on Windows consoles and front-of-room displays. To make Teams Rooms even easier to use, we're aligning key elements of the user interface across the Windows and Android ecosystems. These updates will be generally available by the end of this quarter, in Microsoft Teams Rooms on Windows application version 4.16.
Users will first notice the vivid new ambient screens and a refreshed calendar on consoles and front-of-room displays. They will also enjoy improved visual cues throughout the experience that make it easier and more intuitive to interact with the console. On the calendar, users will be able to scroll down on the calendar to see the schedule for the entire day.
Front-of-room display and calendar
Updated buttons on the console allow users to quickly access the most used features, including:
- Meet: Start a new meeting from the room
- Call: Make a call to a phone number or add a person from directory
- Share: Share local HDMI content
- Join via ID: Enables this Teams Room to join a Teams meeting using the meeting ID, with Direct Guest Join interoperability functionality coming later this year
- More: Opens the overflow menu (see details below)
Console and calendar
The new overflow menu screen enables users to further interact with the room, and simplifies access extended features, like extensibility apps. Some examples of features on the overflow menu include:
- Invite this room: Use the Room audio and video for a Teams meeting initiated on your companion device
- Accessibility: Enable accessibility features
- Report a problem: Report a problem to your IT admin
- Restart device: Restart the device functionality
- Settings: Access settings
In addition, error states and associated messages have simplified to help allow for quicker resolution.
Simplified error states
For enhanced customization, your organization will have a wider range of ambient screens to choose from than before, with five exciting new themes added to the eight themes currently available.
Accompanying the new look and feel, end users will enjoy more control of the front-of-room display during a meeting with an updated interface for the view switcher menu. Additionally, users will be able to customize the Front Row view, including visibility of the meeting chat, and choose which meeting component is displayed on the left and right panel. IT admins will be able to configure the default number of panels and default components on panel(s).
|Choose view on display – Gallery
||Choose view on display – Front Row
We hope you enjoy this updated experience!