Configure team site libraries to sync automatically

Copper Contributor

Similarly to 

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-intune/onedrive-configure-team-site-libraries-to-sy... I've been using this feature with initial success, however!!!

I created an Intune device configuration policy for each department to sync their individual department libraries, this seems to work ok for most people except those that split their time between two departments, they are in both 'Teams' so I was hoping they would get both Libraries, actually I'm getting conflicts. I would understand if policy one says allow feature A and policy two says block feature A then this is a conflict, but would expect this particular feature to be cumulative?

Is anyone else getting this?

10 Replies

Yes, same here. Any updates on this ?

Same issue here as well.

@Huw Weatherhead 

Yep, same here, I just get conflicts - would love for it to be cumulative - as we have a base share that all users should sync, then each department have their own shares. Even though users have access to other department shares, they don't have a need for them to all be synced.

At the moment it looks like i'm going to have to set up the same (with sync changes) onedrive configuration profile for each department to get it to function as we'd like.

Hello,

I'm facing the same issue and please share further updates.

Thank you

Enrico

Same issue here.  I have 6 libraries to sync up based on roles in the company, but once I added the second config policy I started to see the Conflict error.  How can I sync multiple libraries?

This is very common. Best way to go around it is by using Powershell to sync the libraries, you still have to get the library guid. Here is good guide-

https://tech.nicolonsky.ch/onedrive-automountteamsites/

@Moe_Kinani 

Thanks, @Moe_Kinani , for the additional information. Very helpful.  But I decided to continue using the out of box config policy and was able to create mutually exclusive groups by making use of Include and Exclude in the policies--just takes a bit of extra thinking of the group logic.  So each policy applies to that mutually exclusive group and includes all the sync libraries for that group. Appears to be working!

Regards,

Jeff

I ran into this issue before as well and at the end of the day the best way to address this issue was to create a single DCP (Device configuration profile) that simply Automounts all the required library globally. If a user did not have access to one of them it would simply not mount. No need to create multiple ones with exclusions and all the hassle ;)

@jdlavallee When I tested applying all libraries to a user, the result was all libraries would attempt to sync and show up in File Explorer, but if the user tried to access one that they did not have permissions to it would just be blank.  So if there was a "Top Secret information about employees" library, all users would see that library but no data underneath it if they don't have rights. That wouldn't work.  I'd prefer users to only see the libraries to which they get access...  Unless I'm missing something that you're doing differently so users only ever see the libraries to which they have access?

Having the same issue. It'd be really nice if we could either have a bunch of policies that sync together without conflict (or only conflict if the same library is being synced) or if the libraries would simply not show up if there's no access.