SOLVED

Collecting "Windows Peer Networking Identity Manager" Service Status from Centralized Location

Copper Contributor

I'm seeking expert advice on a task involving service monitoring in a distributed environment. Here's the scenario:

I have a network with a mix of Azure AD-joined and on-premises Windows devices. My goal is to centrally collect and monitor the running status of the "Windows Peer Networking Identity Manager" (P2PSvc) service across all these devices.

Key details and requirements:

I need a solution that works for both Azure AD-joined and on-premises devices.
The data must be collected from a centralized location for ease of monitoring.
It would be ideal if the solution provides historical data and real-time status updates.
Automation and remote management capabilities are preferred.
I'm open to leveraging Azure services, but I'm not limited to them if there are other solutions that fit the requirements.
I'd appreciate guidance or recommendations on how to achieve this monitoring task efficiently. Whether it involves the use of Azure services, third-party tools, custom scripting, or any other approaches, your expertise and insights will be invaluable. Please share any relevant experiences or best practices.

Thank you in advance for your support!

Additional Information:

Azure AD-joined devices: Windows 10 and Windows Server.
On-premises devices: Various Windows versions.
Azure subscription is available.
I have administrative access to all devices.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Akhil5603 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I would suggest Azure Monitor as a whole, and then you can do things like described here : https://cloudadministrator.net/2018/01/24/monitoring-windows-services-sates-with-log-analytics/
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Akhil5603 (Copper Contributor)