SOLVED

VIewing SharePoint List Data in a MS Form

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have a MS Form which collects information and adds this to a SharePoint list via MS Flow. So far, so good. 

I have 2 questions though

1. Can I create a single form and restrict the data users see based on permissions? For example, I would want external users to see Section 1 but internal users to see Sections 1 and 2

2. Is it possible to open the same Form and show a row of data from the SharePoint list in the MS Form? So, once data had been received from an external source, I wanted to send an alert to an internal user to view the data submitted in the MS Form and then add some additional criteria.

I realise this could be done using PowerApps but wondered if Forms also supported such a scenario.

Many thanks in advance,

Colin

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Colin2307 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Colin2307 neither of your questions are currently possible in Forms. Additionally, you can only have a form which is either visible to those in your organisation, or visible to anyone with a link. So you can't have questions visible based on whether someone is internal or external.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Flow Community Super User

@RobElliott 

Thank you Rob. I figured as much but thought I'd ask anyway. Did some testing earlier and I see Forms is one way. PowerApps it is. 

Thans,

Colin

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Colin2307 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Colin2307 neither of your questions are currently possible in Forms. Additionally, you can only have a form which is either visible to those in your organisation, or visible to anyone with a link. So you can't have questions visible based on whether someone is internal or external.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Flow Community Super User

View solution in original post