Need the ability for external users to upload files into MS Forms

Brass Contributor

Afternoon all,

Our company has some lengthy bid tenders to carry out.  MS forms is the perfect way for potential external  suppliers to fill in the form and for us to capture the repsonses.  However external users cannot use the upload file feature in MS Forms.  Why is this?  Is there a way to switch it on?  If not do we know if its a feature that is likely to be implemented soon?

80 Replies

According to the Notes on the public Preview page it says max limit is 10MB.

Feature Details
This feature upgrade enables the following for survey owners in your organization:

• File upload can be added as a question type for surveys targeted to users outside the organization. This will also include anonymous responders.
  • The allowed file size for a single file upload will be restricted to 10 MB only.
  • The uploaded files will be stored in Dataverse and can be downloaded from individual responses within the response report of the survey by the survey owner.

@CraigM not sure you're right there unless you know of a new feature I'm not aware of yet (quite possible!)

fileSize.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@CraigM I read in the comment that this feature is available after configuration by admin. Do you know if it is already on so that I can tell my administrator?

@CraigM @AlexUnipa it is not available or in preview for standard Microsoft Forms and unfortunately it doesn't seem that features in Customer Voice automatically flow down to standard forms. Regex for example. Hopefully though Microsoft will implement this as so many people have asked for it for many years!

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

I need that feature, please!
This lack of functionality in Microsoft forms. Please provide this ASAP. We need the feature that external users can upload files to Microsoft forms.
We need this feature desperately.....

@Rob_Pidgley The missing feature driving so many small businesses to Google :pensive_face:

@traffik 

exactly... I have internally use Google ...forget about form.

@Maxis ,you mean that external people can upload files by using google form? If yes, problem is the lack of connection between google form and power automate...

@CraigM Hi, where do i enable public preview for file upload in Customer Voice

@AlexUnipa

Yes,  Google froms can allow external users to upload file.
(still be required users to log in any GOOGLE account). 

We mainly use jotform to receive external users form, because jotform upload files does not require customers to log in.

If Microsoft can provide a form service for uploading files without login, it will attract many people to use Microsoft froms.

Me uno al clamor desde Ecuador, de la necesidad de esta maravillosa función disponible para google pero bloqueada para microsoft

@RobElliott 

Wow, I find it unbelievable that this is not an option and unfortunately I didn't figure this out until I completed a large survey.  Not to mention that if Forms was more functional we could sunset our use of Alchemer as a survey tool.  Also, as Forms integrates with SharePoint it would be most beneficial to have full functionality to upload required documents

@DanielleLewis the best option is to change the product since this feature has been required for 2 or more years at least....just a waste of breath

Well I am with state government and they are pretty much all in with O365 -
A pity that this is not available as we need it. Other products have this feature so we will run with them for now. MS Forms would have been our first choice but....
Agree, this is something we need.

its been about 10 months since your initial question; any updates on the feature? @Rob_Pidgley