MS Forms specific answer options based on previous question response

New Contributor

Hi, I am new to MS forms, I am working on a Request type form for our team members and trying to make it as user friendly as possible.  Is something like the below possible? If so how (branching?)

Question1: which division are you in (Drop down with the 10 options (North, south, etc). Depending on this selection, Question 2 would updated with specific options within a drop down multiple choice.

Answer to Q1= North

Question 2 options : NY, PA, NE, ETC

Answer to Q1= South

Question 2 options: FL, GA, TX etc.

7 Replies

@_ChadC2020 you're absolutely right, you can do this with branching.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott  thanks, can you give me some pointers on how to do this? I'm not sure how to set it up properly, would it be a new question for each option in question 1?

@_ChadC2020 yep, give me half an hour, I need to rush to the store (avoiding the Coronavirus police on the roundabout) to get a bottle of wine. Emergency supplies.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott I have tried several times to setup branching but clearly I am doing something wrong.  I have Q1. with 3 multiple choice answers, which I then add branching.  For example, if user selects first multiple choice then I want it to go to Q2, if they select 2nd multiple choice, it would go to Q3, etc.  But what's happening is if they select the 1st option, then Q2, 3 & 4 are displayed.  If they select the 2nd option, then Q3 & 4 are displayed and when they select the 3rd option Q4 is displayed.  I'm doing something wrong but can't figure out exactly what.

stephmiddle_0-1643416354137.png

Did anyone manage to resolve this? (Not just a branching question, but populating a follow-up question with the responses from a previous multiple choice question)

@Cate_Shaw you can't populate a follow-up question with the response from a previous question, it's just no do-able.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Ok, thanks so much for closing the loop, @RobElliott!