MS Forms for Quiz missing field and buttons

Copper Contributor

When creating a new Quiz, I do not see Points field allowing to assign weights to specific questions/answers as well as buttons Comments and Correct Answer. Tried multiple browsers and getting the same result. Can't find anything on the net. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,

Kirill

Issue with forms.PNG

17 Replies

Hi Kirill

I've just had a good look at your picture and it looks like that you may have actually created a FORM instead of a QUIZ.

Try creating a QUIZ and you should get the options:

Form - Choice question. Looks the same as your screen shot.Form - Choice question. Looks the same as your screen shot.

Quiz - Choice question. This is what you are after.Quiz - Choice question. This is what you are after.

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Damien

Thank you, Damien, I have just created another one and it worked. Still no sure what happened though. Doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy :)

Form and Quiz look similar so it's an easy mistake to make if you have clicked onto the wrong one.

Glad to hear it's all resolved.

Best wishes!
Damien

Hello ,

When I go to forms.office.com I can create a form or a quiz , but when I launch the forms app in my Teams site there is not start screen to choose quiz it launches into the name your form screen. Do you have any idea how I can fix this ?

Hi @Coreena 

When you create a new Form from within a Channel (click + next to the tabs in a Channel), you should see this option after hitting install.

If you do not see this, please outline the steps you are taking to create the Form in Teams.

capture20190308113850746.png

Cheers

Damien

hello 

Thank you the screenshot you have shown is what I see, but when I select new and give it a name it automatically opens a Form not a quiz.  When I go to Forms.office.com I get an option to select a form or select a quiz . I attached a screen shot perhaps you cannot create quizzes in Teams.quiz.jpgteamsform.jpg

Hi @Coreena 

If you want a Quiz in Teams, as far as I know, you'll need to create the Quiz in Office.com and then add the tab to Teams, choose Add an existing Form.

forms to teams.png

Make sure you choose if you want to collect quiz responses or to see the Quiz results. Save when ready.

You should have your Quiz in Teams!

Note that you need to be the owner of the form to be able to do the above.

Hope that does the trick!

Cheers

Damien

@Damien Rosario 

Thank you , I tried this and when I create the tab and select add from existing forms 

I paste in the link to the form on Office.com but it will not allow it , it will only allow me to select from within a team site 

Wait - I sse it now and it is working - Thank you so much for this help !!!!

Hi @Coreena 

Great to hear that things are resolved! Well done!

Have a great weekend ahead!

Cheers

Damien

Hello @Damien Rosario, For some reason, I do not see the CREATE option to create a quiz neither in MS teams nor Office.com. Can you help me with this?

Hi @Gayathri_S_Kesavan 

Are you able to show a screen shot of what you do see in the Forms page via Office.com please?

It should appear as what I have previously provided above.

Cheers

Damien

Hello @Damien Rosario ,

I was able to create a Quiz using MS forms. But the issue is I cannot edit it on MS teams when I build it from the Existing form on Teams.

Below is the attachment of my Teams. I cannot edit this quiz created using MS forms

Gayathri_S_Kesavan_0-1591910849723.png

Hi @Gayathri_S_Kesavan 

You can't edit the Quiz from Teams. You'll need to go into Forms itself, look under Group forms and see if you can find the relevant SharePoint group you are in and then the form within it.

capture20200612102616162.png

capture20200612102645345.png

Alternatively, if this is too difficult or you can't find it, I would create the Quiz in Forms and then link it to a Teams tab.

Hope that helps.

Good luck!

Damien

@Damien Rosario 

Hi Damien,
I want to prevent more than one response per person in a quiz (in Brazilian Portuguese), but the option "Who can complete this form" does not appear at all. What am I doing wrong?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Francesco

Hi @decicco2100 

I'm not sure what's happening with this as I haven't experienced that sort of issue before and have been unable to replicate it.

I would suggest creating a new blank quiz and seeing if it does the same thing.

If the above does work, try copying the quiz and see if the new version gives you the option?

If anyone else knows the solution, they'll hopefully chime in.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers

Damien

Hello @Damien Rosario 

Thank you very much for your quick reply.
I've just tried to create a new quiz on Edge now. The available configuration options are the same - without the 'Who can complete this form'.
Apparently, this functionality was removed from the MF for individual use, leaving only the possibility for 'anyone with the link can respond'.

Let's see if anyone from MS can confirm.
Cheers,

Francesco