Microsoft forms - How can I add multiple recipients to get notifications once a form is completed?

Copper Contributor

Does anyone know how to set up Microsoft forms so that when a form is completed the notification gets sent out to multiple recipients or a distribution list?

75 Replies

@MichelleArellano you'd need to do this with a flow in Power Automate. With that you can send out the responses the user made to each question to any number of recipients by email, store the response in a SharePoint list (we ALWAYS do this at my company), send the responder a "thank you" confirmation message with their answers (again we always do this as it shows we have received it and are working on it). You just can't do all this within Forms itself. Let me know if you'd like screenshots of how a flow flow to do this is constructed.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super Use

@Rob Elliott I'd really to see the screenshots as well please. Sounds exactly the solution I need.

Thank you

Kim 

@RobElliott can I see your screen shots as well? 

Thanks,

Karen

@Mike_Dugo@Kristin_Eck_1966 @Kim_Sofo sorry for the delay in responding - work intruded. A very simple example for sending the responses to a form to multiple people is shown below. The trigger is When a new Forms response is submitted and the first action always then Get response details. You can add losts of other actions but I've just added a Send an email (v2) action and added the multiple people that need to be informed about the new response.

simple flow example.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott 

Thanks Rob that's really helpful. 

Much appreciated Kim,

I have created a Form and the link has been shared with potential respondents. I have selected “Get email notifications” but would like to add another colleague to receive the alert. How do I do this? The form is saved in my Drive rather than our collaborative folder

@NBrowning09 you can't do it just with Forms, you need the simple flow I demonstrated earlier in this thread.

Rob
Los Gallardos

@RobElliott  Hi! This was very helpful. I followed your steps and was able to get the email sent to the correct inbox. I was wondering if there is also a way to embed the direct link to the form in autogenerated email? Having the responses is good, but being able to click back to the original form in that email would be helpful! Is this possible?

@jwhitfie This is exactly what I was wondering. Have you found a solution to this query yet?

@jwhitfie @Greg-Growney you just need to select the link icon in the Send email action and add in the url of your form and the text you want to display.

recurrenceEmail.png

The other method is if you are using the code view in the email body (which we normally do at our company as we add our logo into the emails):

<a href="url to form goes here">Link to form</a><br><hr>

Rob
Los Gallardos

@MichelleArellano 

can you please send me the screen shots too?  That would be so helpful

opps sorry i didn't scroll down thru all of the responses
Rob
I don't see those screens above in Forms. This is my first Form. Am I missing something? Is that something with Power Automate?

@NeilMcCarthy yes those are from Power Automate.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Read back through the thread, my screenshots are already there.