Marking Forms as Complete

Copper Contributor
Does anyone know of a way to add a Complete/In-Review step to Forms? For example, we would like to have a form for Service Requests. Once the Request is submitted by the employee, we would like to ability to mark the form, as well as notify the employee, when the Request is in review, and then when it is complete. 
6 Replies

Im wondering if Power Automate/Flow would be helpful in this case?

Hi Megan @MHumphrey77507, there's no way to add that to Forms but you are right that the way to do this is to use Power Automate to save the response to a SharePoint list and send an acknowledgement email to the responder. Then when the comments and status columns in the SharePoint list are updated a further update or "Completed" email is sent to the responder. Let me know if you want detailed steps.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott  My form is a request for attendance to a class.  Once the requestor has attended, I just want to put a field (response) of completed.  So that I dont sent an email asking if they want to attend again. 

How do I do this with the least amount of effort? 

@Sharan_R you'll need to use a SharePOint list which stores their request to attend. You'll need a column for attended (Yes/No). Then when they have attended you'll need to update the item in the list.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliottI am interested in knowing the steps on how to use Power Automate to save the response to a SharePoint list and send an acknowledgement email to the responder. 

@KristiLarson ain the images below the flow below grabs the form submission, emails an acknowledgement email to the submitter and also sends an email to our Wellbeing Director and saves it to a list in SharePoint. On other flows we make a bit more complex by adding the company logo or taking other actions, but hopefully this will give you some idea of a simple example.

In Power Automate the flow's trigger is the Forms "when a new respoinse is submitted". This is always immediately followed by the Forms "get items" action (NB this is quite an old flow and they've changed the name in the dynamic content box when you click in the Response Id field to just Response ID).

Next we grab the submitter's details from the Responder's email in the dynamic content box.

flow-1.png

Next, add a Send an email (V2) action. In the first image we are sending an email to the Wellbeing Director. In the second we're sending a personalised email back to the submitter:

flow-2.png

Finally we create an item in our SharePoint list:

flow-3.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User