Limit number of responses in a survey created in FORMS

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Is there's a limit number of responses in a survey created in FORMS?

Thanks

Fernando Trigo

11 Replies

You can receive up to 5,000 responses.  

See more in the FAQ and the 'What is the limit on the number of responses for Microsoft Forms?' question for further details.

Thanks Cian for the fast response, :)

Is there a way to receive more than 5.000 responses? 

We want to use this survey in our company for training classes evaluations, we predict more than 20.000 answers.

Cany you help with a walkaround?

Thanks

Fernando Trigo

There isn't a workaround except to clear out previous responses, so you can continue to collect more responses: 

"If you require more, we recommend exporting existing responses to an Excel workbook, and then clearing these from your survey or quiz. This will enable you to collect more responses once cleared."

Is this limit per survey/quizz I wonder? Further clarification would be helpful.

The best way to get Microsoft to increase this limit is to pursue this on the Microsoft Forms Product Feedback site.  Create an idea and get some support behind it, as that limit is bound to be a deal breaker for other customers as well.  

Alternatively, navigate to the upper right corner of the Microsoft Forms window, choose More Options (...), and then select Feedback and do it that way.  Microsoft does listen to this feedback and takes it on board.

You may find these limits may be increased or made clearer when the service goes GA for commercial tenants anyway.

Anyone who knows if the "Forms for Excel" have the same limitation? Excel alone have a much higher limit and since the responses goes directly to the excel so maybe... just maybe its another limit? it is not mentioned specifically in the FAQ.

Hello Cian,

The workaround doesnt apply here, i've tried in FORMS from excel online.

When we get de 5k answers the form is blocked without the possibilitiy to answer again.

Even deleting the answers, we cannot answer no moreForms.PNG.

Thanks

Fernando

Thank you for the quick reply Fernando. This is still in beta I guess and I hope they will change this in the future.
Do you have a way to automatically generate all these responses?
Cheers,
Rasmus

Hello,

Yes, i created a imacro to fill all the 5.000 answers.

regards

fernando

Hello Cian,

The workaround doesnt apply here, i've tried in FORMS from excel online.

When we get de 5k answers the form is blocked without the possibilitiy to answer again.

Please see the description below.

thanks.
Fernando

I think we are all waiting for GA when hopefully these limits might be raised or we get some additional options.

For the Forms from Excel issue you could always try opening a service request and see what they say. If clearing down old answers doesn't allow new ones to be submitted, that's a bit of problem.

You can bypass the limit of 5,000 responses by creating copies of a Form and then storing all the results in a SharePoint list.  Have a look at How to submit more responses than Microsoft Forms allows.

Regards,