How to remove test respondents from form

Copper Contributor

Hi! I designed a feedback survey in Forms. To confirm (not answer!) the survey questions, I sent the survey to a small group of test respondents. They read the questions, gave me feedback, but as per instructions, did not answer. The survey is in-life and I get responses from actual intended respondents. Awesome.

But.

For months, Forms has been sending me reminders that some respondents haven't responded. I would really like to remove these people from the list of respondents and get on with life.

Note these people were not supposed to answer, and did not answer. I am not asking about deleting responses - I'm asking about deleting my test respondents who haven't responded/finished their responses.

4 Replies

@NemanSyedOfficial rather than giving them the link from Collect Responses, why didn't you give them the link under Collaborate or Duplicate (the one that says get a link to view and edit) so they could view your questions without actually submitting the form?

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Hi @RobElliott.

1. I'm new to Forms and have yet to learn its behaviours.

2. We did use Collaborate at the beginning. Eventually I wanted them to see everything in final form.

3. That's in the past. I now know not to do that.

Hope that explains things. Any idea how to fix the problem?

Neman

@NemanSyedOfficial for the future if you send them the Collaborate link tand ask them to click the Preview button, that will show them the final form which they can test.

I know that reminders will only be sent where less than 80% of invitees have responded, or if the end date in Settings is in the past. I believe only 4 reminders are sent. I don't actually know of a way to turn them off but I'll do some investigation.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Thanks @RobElliot! I'll definitely be doing that from here on in. I do find it hard to understand why the ability to remove recipients isn't clearly available (if at all). After all, people's lives are fluid, and not all of them should or can answer a survey despite what the survey coordinator thinks. :)