SOLVED

How to generate a lot of questions in Microsoft Forms

Copper Contributor

I would like to generate more than 100 educational test questions using Microsoft Forms,

but I don't think it is realistic to generate them one by one.

Is there an easy way to add question sentences and answers using API etc.?

There was an article saying that there is no Excel import function, but

Is there no choice but to create with a button such as "Add new" from the Forms creation screen?

Isn't there an API for creating questions?

Can it be achieved by programming such as VBA or .NET?

I would appreciate it if anyone could teach me.

Thank you.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by SHCNakamura (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@SHCNakamura you won't be able to create a form with more than 100 questions because Forms has a hard limit of 100 questions. And the actual limit might be far lower if you use likert questions because each statement is treated as a question.

There is no API for creating questions although there is one for getting the responses (although I always use Power Automate to save the responses to a SharePoint list). Excel can be used for populating the answers to choice questions but not for creating the questions themselves.

I don't know VBA but there is a link here which might be useful.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott 

Thank you for your answer.

I'm sorry, but let me ask you another question.

Instead of creating 100 questions in one form, the challenge is to create more than 100 forms.

I've confirmed that I can output answer results to Excel,

but can I also use it to input answers?

I would appreciate it if you could tell me.

Best regards.

@SHCNakamura you can only drag & drop answers from Excel into a choice question.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Unfortunately, I'll try to make it with drag&drop until the import function is added.
Thank you very much.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SHCNakamura (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@SHCNakamura you won't be able to create a form with more than 100 questions because Forms has a hard limit of 100 questions. And the actual limit might be far lower if you use likert questions because each statement is treated as a question.

There is no API for creating questions although there is one for getting the responses (although I always use Power Automate to save the responses to a SharePoint list). Excel can be used for populating the answers to choice questions but not for creating the questions themselves.

I don't know VBA but there is a link here which might be useful.

Rob
Los Gallardos

View solution in original post