How to find out who created a form

Contributor

someone created a MS Form and embeded it on a sharepoint online page. The form is giving an error now but no one knows who created it and I can only find the URL to the form, nothing else.

How do I find the owner or take ownership so we can work on the form?

thank you

5 Replies

@Jason_B1025 if they embedded it on a SharePoint page then you can look at the version history of that page to find out who it was. Go to Site Pages and click the 3 dots next to the page and select Version History.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott Thanks I was able to find out who created the form, it was a terminated employee.

I was able to reset the password and get into the account and see the form.

How do I move it to another user? When the termed employees account is deleted will the form be deleted too?

Thanks,jb

I was able to find this post about transferring ownership.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-forms-blog/manage-your-forms-easily-with-ownership-...

Because this users was disable, I had to re-enable and add back to AD groups. its been 24 hours but I still don't see any groups to move the form to :(

May have to open a MS ticket.... :(  

@RobElliott What is the way if it is stand alone form? Any way to check who owns the form?

@Vinaydeep Ayinapurapu sorry I don't know of any way to find out who owns a form.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User