How to change the email notification content in Microsoft Forms

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I have a few surveys (group forms) created on Microsoft Forms. When I fill one of them out, an email confirmation gets sent to me. How do I change the content of this email? I logged onto forms.microsoft.com and it allows me to create new forms. But I can't find where to change email content or addresses.

Sincerely,

Jason

9 Replies

@JasonYeung you would need to do this with a flow in Power Automate, then you can have whatever information, personalisation, logos and other content you want in the email. An example is in the images below:

The flow triggers when a new Forms response is submitted, it gets the details of the response and gets the Office 365 profile details of the responder from their email address:
0-trigger.png

You don't have to do this part but we always save the responses into a list in SharePoint: 

1-createItem.png

In this example (which is live) we want to send the responder an email with the ticket number that has been logged in SharePoint. So I added a delay to give the list enough time to create the item. I then updated the Ticket column with the ID of the list item: 

2-update.png

I get the content of an image uploaded to the SharePoint site and then send the email back to the responder with the details of what they submitted, with the company logo in the email, some personalisation and the ticket number.

3-email.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super Use

@RobElliott 

Thanks for the info. I logged into Power Automate and tried to find the existing flow that generates the email. But I couldn't find it. I was wondering where do I go to find existing flows? Does it depend on which user I log in as?

Below is a screenshot of Power Automate when I log in:

PowerAutomate_screen.JPG

Sincerely,

Jason

@JasonYeung always go to My flows. Then you can click the + New button and then you've got the options to create a flow from a template or from a blank, I know I'm strange but I always create it from a blank as sometimes the templates can get out of date and stop working if actions get updated. But the templates are useful for new users to show how a flow is constructed ad what the possibilities are.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Do you need to be an administrator to do this?

@WBI_Counseling no you don't (I'm not in my company). If your Office 365 plan has Power Automate then you can create all this.

Rob
Los Gallardos

@JasonYeung you cannot change the email that is sent by Forms, that is why it's better to create your own with a flow in Power Automate.

Rob
Los Gallardos

@RobElliott I don't have Power Automate. I have created a form but all I need to do is update the destination email for responses. Why does that have to be complex? I want a simple solution ... what is the easiest way to do this? I'm not a super user & don't want to get into anything complex as I don't regularly need to do this.

@Caronnect ah, if you don't have Power Automate then I don't think there is anything you can do to change the recipient of the email. There's no setting in Forms to do that.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott& @Caronnect: If you are the one creating the forms & they are being emailed to you, but you want them to go to someone else, you can create a rule in Outlook to automatically forward those specific emails to the other email address.

You can also add that other email address:
- Under "Share and collaborate", change to "Specific people in my organization can view and edit"

- In the box [Enter a name, group, or email address], enter the email address that you want to receive the notifications.

Not positive, but you may have to copy the link that is automatically generated & send it to that email so they have a link to the form once they start getting the notices. You cannot remove yourself since you are the owner.