How do I creating a drop down list in Microsoft Form 365

Copper Contributor

Hello guys

Please I need assistance in creating a drop-down list in Microsoft Form. 

I have a long list of options for my responders to pick from and I want them do be able to use a drop down list for selection.

How do I do this?

9 Replies

@Khat2une you create a choice question then select dropdown from the 3 dots at the bottom right of the question.

dd1.png

dd2.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Re: How do i make a profile of a person appear as one select a person from drop down list in MSForms?

I will have a 50 names in drop down list and when we select a person name, his or her profile must appear on the form, just a few lines about him and his picture would be the content.

The person selects one person reads content and submits the form, if thays his choice.. 

Appreciate your advise

Thank you

Here: 1- Open Microsoft Forms and create a new form or open an existing one. Add a new question by clicking on the "+ Add new" button. 2- Choose the question type as "Choice" from the available options. 3- Click on the "Add Option" button and enter the first option in the list. 4- Continue adding options to the list until you have added all the options you need. 5- Click on the "More options" button (three dots) on the right side of the question. 6- Select "Dropdown" from the options provided. 7- You can also select "Required" if you want to make the question mandatory for responders. And that's it!

@Sowmyadj what you want to do is not possible with Microsoft Forms as the dropdown/choice question is just static text and it cannot lookup user information from Azure or anywhere else.

If your users are all internal then it would be possible to build a form in Power Apps that gets the selected user's details.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott 

I can not find the option on my three dot:

GeorgeZzh_1-1686146538022.png

You can only find that option when 'Multiple answers' is turned off. Drop-down is not supported for multiple-choice questions.