How can I know that a registered user in our portal completed an Embedded Microsoft Form?

Copper Contributor

How can I know that a registered user in our portal completed (submitted) an Embedded Microsoft Form? I tried to reach the submit button through the DOM and add an event listener to trace this action but cross-frame scripting was blocking this. Did I miss something?
Any suggestions/guidance are welcome.

3 Replies

@Thoukidides you can always look at the Excel spreadsheet behind the form that stores the responses. Or you can, as we always do, build a flow in Power Automate to automatically save every form response into a SharePoint list.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Hello @RobElliott,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Let me try to be more specific.

I need to know if a user in our platform completed the survey, so we can show him a different survey / or hide the already answered form from his menu. This will be computed programmatically from our side. So does the existing solutions of Forms and Share point by any chance can satisfy something like this?

So what I am asking is not to only store the results externally by Microsoft but also to store internally if a user answered or not a specific survey. (internally we do not care about the results as forms handle it)

Looking forward to your reply.

Yours Thoukidides

@Thoukidides the SharePoint list could show the user's email (we always get the flow to put that in the Title column) and name, display name, employee ID etc. The same flow could send a link by email to the user with the different survey. There is an update file action for the local file system so you could possibly update a file with the details of the user then somehow use that in your internal systems but I don't really know because we never do that, the details of the responder are always saved into a SharePoint list.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User