Generate PDF summary of results from MS Forms based on filtered field

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

I am struggling to find any guidance on the web for my specific type of problem. 

I have a fairly basic understanding of how to use Power Automate at present but I am learning. What I want to do is as follows:

I have an MS Form for feedback from training courses. This is one single form for all courses, with about 5 running per day in different locations. A specific course is identified by a course ID number (recorded as a response in the MS Form) and there would be generally 5-15 responses per course.

I need to generate a PDF summary of responses for a specific course only, gathered from the data of all courses that is held on the main excel file where all responses are recorded. I have made the form and excel generate a Sharepoint list entry for each response as it comes in as I figured I may be able to get the data from there easier. 

So what I need to do is run a query where a course number can be entered somewhere and a button pressed which will generate a PDF document showing a summary of responses for a specific course only. This summary would want to look something similar to the graphical summary of responses that is viewable in MS Forms itself.  The summary PDF document would then need to be stored in a folder on Sharepoint/OneDrive with a unique identifier filename. 

Is this something that anyone has made happen before? I am pretty sure I could create this myself given a rough directional push if anyone is able to give me that push LOL

Thanks in advance

Nick

1 Reply

@nickblackIKON whilst it's possible to use Power Automate create a PDF showing a summary of the responses for a specific course (easiest for records stored in SharePoint), you won't be able to get a graphical summary in the same way that Forms provides it. That would need to connect to Power BI and you (and everyone who views the report) would need a Power BI Pro licence, and the connector in Power Automate is premium so there's a cost.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User