Forms Pro Saved Progress

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

It seems that Forms Pro links save a user's progress if not submitted, so that the link opens to where the user left off. This is great, except that it throws off my branching rules when a user needs to return from where they left off to the start of the form.

E.g. I'm using forms to collect service requests for different work groups. The branching works as follows:

select work group->select type of request within that group->add details about this request type. When a user has most of a request filled out but then exits, the form will reopen to where they left off. When hitting "back" from the request type selection the branching is ignored and the user needs to hit back through every work group's request type options instead of going back to the main work group selection. Because of this the user may end up submitting requests with the work group and service type mismatched.

I've tried everything I can to put in branching rules to aid backward navigation but this problem only persists when the form is closed and reopened. Is there a way to prevent this, or turn off draft saving for forms pro? 

8 Replies

@Grayden wondering if you found a solution/work around ? I am facing the same issue .... 

@Grayden I am not able to replicate the saving of my progress in filling out a survey in MS Forms Pro. Can you tell me how I can save progress? Is there a setting that has to be change or configured?

Thanks!!

@Grayden How do you save the progress of a form in Forms Pro? I haven't been able to do it. I tried Chrome and the newest version of Edge and have my cookies enabled. Thanks for your help.

##UPDATE##

I just figured it out. You need to at least complete the first page and go to the next page. Once that is done, bookmark the page and it will pick up where you left off.

Thank goodness this is possible. I have a really in-depth form that needs to be completed and having this option is perfect. Otherwise it would take a lot of up-front preparation for the user.

@Elsewhere Thanks for the update but this method does not work for me.... So I do not think it will work for all the survey responders.... Darn!

I tried this with my IMac, android phone and Microsoft Surface Pro and could not get the progress to save on any of these devices :(

@dannysisko Kind of - Not an ideal solution but it works for what I need:

Instead of traditional branching within a single "Form" I now have a separate, single question form that links to an individual form for each service group. So long as users follow the link for that initial queue selection question they're always routed there instead of halfway through the previously completed form. 

I tested it on Edge Version 84.0.522.40 (Official build) (64-bit) on Windows 10 and Chrome Version 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10.
Do you have cookies enabled? Make sure your temporary internet files aren't automatically being deleted too.