SOLVED

Filling out a form: unlicensed user is shown error message

Deleted
Not applicable

We have used Microsoft Forms succesfully for unlicensed users (parents of our students are part of Azure AD, but are not licensed for Office 365). They are on a separate domain, which is enabled for the tenant.

However, suddenly these users are shown an error message when filling out a form:

account_not_activated.png

Which says something like 'The account is not enabled for MS Forms'.

I can't find a setting for fixing this. The only setting is enabling forms to enable for external users, that is enabled. Is there another setting I'm missing, besides assigning a license for these users (which should not be necessary for filling out forms, according to MS: "Removing the license from a user will prevent the user from creating forms in Microsoft Forms, but they can still respond to forms created by others".

2 Replies

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem.  Appearantly, Forms is currently only enabled for tenants that have the entire organization set to First Release...

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Forms/Forms-for-E3-tenants/td-p/23069

Kind regards,

Filip

best response confirmed by Deleted
Solution
Lauran, the one you reported is a bug brought by Forms' recent change. An unlicensed user should be able to fill out form. We have fixed this bug. Please verify.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Deleted
Solution
Lauran, the one you reported is a bug brought by Forms' recent change. An unlicensed user should be able to fill out form. We have fixed this bug. Please verify.

View solution in original post