SOLVED

Create a Weekly Checklist

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I have created a simple First Aid Checks form on MS Forms so that all equipment at work is checked once a week, by anyone suitably qualified. Currently I manually send it once a week to a different individual from a specific group of colleagues and cross my fingers that they're available to do so. I need to simplify the process so I would like to know how to set it to do the following:

1. Automatically send the Form invite to the whole group on a Monday morning

2. Set a Form deadline of 7 days

3. Only allow one form completion (by any group member) per week

My MS Forms (and MS365 in general) knowledge is very basic so i'd appreciate the Idiot's Guide to setting this up from my existing Form.

Many thanks & best regards,

Mike

2 Replies
best response confirmed by JetCert (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@JetCert Forms is a very basic form submission app and doesn't have any automation or many of the features you might expect. If the form is the same each week you will need to save it as a template and manually adjust it each week. On your specific points:

Forms doesn't have any method for sending out a form automatically. For this you would need a build a simple flow in Power Automate that runs every monday morning and sends out an email with a link to the form.

In the form settings you can set the start date and end date but would need to do this manualy each week.

There is no feature that allows this. You can set the form to only accept 1 response per person, but not restrict it to 1 response per group of people.

What we always do with our Forms is to use a flow in Power Automate to save each form response into a SharePoint list and send out email confirmations etc. This is so we can give ID nubers and other info to our staff once they have submitted a form, but also for backup and audit reasons.  You could get the flow to check if a form has already been submitted for this week and not save it if it has.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thanks very much for the info Rob.
In that case I think my requirement needs to be forwarded to our IT gurus by the sounds of things. Too much for this bear of very little brain... ;)
Thanks again & best regards,
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JetCert (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@JetCert Forms is a very basic form submission app and doesn't have any automation or many of the features you might expect. If the form is the same each week you will need to save it as a template and manually adjust it each week. On your specific points:

Forms doesn't have any method for sending out a form automatically. For this you would need a build a simple flow in Power Automate that runs every monday morning and sends out an email with a link to the form.

In the form settings you can set the start date and end date but would need to do this manualy each week.

There is no feature that allows this. You can set the form to only accept 1 response per person, but not restrict it to 1 response per group of people.

What we always do with our Forms is to use a flow in Power Automate to save each form response into a SharePoint list and send out email confirmations etc. This is so we can give ID nubers and other info to our staff once they have submitted a form, but also for backup and audit reasons.  You could get the flow to check if a form has already been submitted for this week and not save it if it has.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

View solution in original post