Copy and past to Microsoft Form multiple question answers

Copper Contributor

I was wondering if there was a way to quickly copy and past a list possible answers to a Microsoft Forms multiple choice question.  I will often have an Excel list of 50 possible answers in a column.  It would be great when building a form if I could select the first possible multiple choice question box and the pasted answers would automatically become different answers.  Currently when I past the entire list of 50, it just stretches across one answer.

6 Replies
Hi Kyle

I'm not aware of any way to do that, but maybe another user here might have an idea?

Forms isn't very complex at this time, but the capability may likely be developed down the track.

Best of luck!

Cheers
Damien

The only workaround to this I could think of so far is to use a "template" form and just duplicate that--I've observed no way so far to copy/paste multiple choice options so far.

@Kyle Koenig 

While there is no specific option to duplicate, you can use this hack:

Type the list of your responses that you'd like to duplicate, one response choice per line into Notepad (or Excel). Select all, copy and paste into the first response choice box of your question, and it should automatically populate the entire list into separate response choices!

I tried this and it pasted all off the options in the first row.

@ChrismaT 

I just copy and pasted a list from word into the first option and it populated them into separate answer choices. There were carriage returns between my options. Here's a picture from MS Word. 

Will_Thalheimer_0-1642610430593.png

Strangely, I tried the same and it doesn't work.  These are my options

BernardSoh_0-1646816196275.png

But when I paste them into Form, only the first option will appear.

BernardSoh_1-1646816279810.png

I was even thinking there wasn't enough options so I added a few more.  Nope.

BernardSoh_2-1646816363280.png