Change Email Notification recipient

Copper Contributor

Hi.  I created a Form for a colleague and want them to now own the form and be the one who receives the email notification re: responses.  I don't want to add her as a response recipient - but want her to be the only one who receives the responses.

Is there a way to do this without her rebuilding the entire form within her own Microsoft account?  I really want to avoid doing the multi-process back-end trick that another user has shared regarding adding recipients bc I would still receive responses and - for confidentiality purposes, cannot.

Thanks for your help!

7 Replies

@Gina_GMLO you would need rto build a flow in Power Automate to get an email sent to her with the response detailds..

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott Yes, that's what I've read from past posts around sharing - but not completely changing the owner.  Through that process, could I eliminate/stop my receiving the response emails?

@Gina_GMLO yes, you would turn off notifications in the settings in Forms (we never have it turned on at my company) then just have the flow handle the email to your colleague.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott 

How do I build a flow in Power Automate to get an email sent to her with the response details?

@ranzcr a very simple example of this is shown below. You would select your colleague when you click in the To field of the send email action.
simple flow example2.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott Hi Rob, 

I have created multiple Flows from one Form based on the below. I've built branches trough each section on the form, as the next section is only applicable based on the previous answers. 

I have set up a power flow to each possible response route, but this has generated an email for every flow per 1 completion. I have 7 flows set up, so 7 emails are trigged for 1 completed form and 6 are received with no information.  

Is there a way to build a flow to trigger one email based on the forms route of completion? 

@karla08 my apologies if you saw a previous post from me which wasn't relevant; I had 2 tabs open and mistakenly answered a different question from a different forum. Doh!

Yes I'm sure there is. Leave it with me and I'll post again as soon as possible.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User.
Principal Consultant, SharePoint and Power Platform WSP UK (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)