SOLVED

Branching based on number of previous answers

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a Forms form where a user can select multiple answers, based on which the form should branch afterwards.

Basically I want to be able to do the following:

Q: How many things you want to fill out?
A: [1, 2, 3, ..., 10]

With the answer determining the number of following sections afterwards, that would have five individual questions each.

So if the user selects the option "3", they would need to fill out three more sections, etc.

Is there a way I can do that in Forms?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by MarianLeinNetlution (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@MarianLeinNetlution the only way to do this in Forms is with a huge amount of duplication of sections & questions. So if the user selected 1 you would just have 1 follow-on section (called for example S1). Once they'd completed that it would branch to the end of the form.

But if they selected 2 you would need a copy of S1 called S2 which would then branch to S3 then to the end of the form.

If they selected 3 you would need a copy of S1 called S4, followed by copies of S2 and S3 called S5 and S6 and then branch to the end of the form.

Etc etc. Lots of work!!

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thanks for the explanation!
I'll see if it's feasible and then (most likely) will try a different route without Forms...
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MarianLeinNetlution (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@MarianLeinNetlution the only way to do this in Forms is with a huge amount of duplication of sections & questions. So if the user selected 1 you would just have 1 follow-on section (called for example S1). Once they'd completed that it would branch to the end of the form.

But if they selected 2 you would need a copy of S1 called S2 which would then branch to S3 then to the end of the form.

If they selected 3 you would need a copy of S1 called S4, followed by copies of S2 and S3 called S5 and S6 and then branch to the end of the form.

Etc etc. Lots of work!!

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

View solution in original post