Add a Document SharePoint link to a MS form

Copper Contributor

Good Morning, 

I'm trying to add a document hyperlink/SharePoint link to a Microsoft form but the link pastes in 'DocX' format and isn't a hyperlink when pasted to the form.

I am trying to add a document link to a subtitle to allow users to access it for more information to be able to answer the question - am I missing something super obvious here to be able to do this? 

Thanks! 

4 Replies

@pigsinblankets I always copy & paste the SharePoint document link to a text editor first, Notepad++ for example (don't use Word for this). Then copy & paste it from the text editor into the form.

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Hi Rob,
Thanks very much for the reply that seems to have worked! :) Is there anyway to edit the display text to the hyperlink or would it have to be the full long links above?

I've tried to amend the display text to a shorter title but I can't seem to get that to work so guessing hyperlink formatting isn't an option in MS forms?

Thanks again! :)

@pigsinblankets formatting of hyperlinks is not supported in Forms yet but you can vote for it on the official Microsoft Feedback Portal.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott 

Hi Rob,

Just to confirm, the purpose to paste it into the text editor is to get the HTML source code (or other source code) right? Thank you in advance for your clarification