Customers able to book a meeting outside Business hours with Microsoft Bookings

Copper Contributor

Even if we have configured MS Bookings to only accept reservation between 9:00 to 17:00 from Mondays to Friday, it happens sometimes that a customer is able to book a meeting outside these hours or even during the week-end.

Any ideas how this is possible?

Regards,

Philippe Cornette

6 Replies

@Philippe Cornette did you ever find an answer to this? I am having the same issue. 

@Philippe Cornette 

Yep, I'm having the same issue. Unpublished my Bookings page. Change Business Hours & Days to have Closed Days on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Republished. But anyone can still book on Saturday in my original hours 12-4PM as if I'd never made the change. Has anyone tried putting in a MS support ticket?

@Philippe Cornette 

Ooooh. I may have found a workaround! Go to your Services page within Bookings. For each service, scroll down under Scheduling Policy. See if the hours there are wrong. If they are greyed out, UNCHECK "Use the default scheduling policy."  Then change the General Availability drop down (further down the page) to something besides Custom Hours. Then select Custom Hours (recurring weekly) again and save. When I did this, it updated the Services Schedule to match the Business Hours from the Home page. 

I think this is happening because Bookings does not dynamically update hours on Services when we change them in Business Hours or for the individual staff member. So anytime you change Business Hours or a staff's schedule, you'll have to come back and do this uncheck/change General Availability/save action. 

I'll put in a request to have that corrected in the features area. Good luck!

Hope that helps!

@EliseH this is helpful. What worked for me was SERVICES > EDIT SERVICE > then I toggled on default scheduling policy. And that synced up my custom availability with what is bookable on my calendar.

@Philippe Cornette - make sure this box is checked. We had the same issue and this fixed it for us. 

mjjensen_cok_0-1671746783048.jpeg