PowerPoint saving as Jpeg

Copper Contributor

I am having a problem saving presentation as JPG. I have never had a problem before, been using the same file for three years that I modify weekly. Today I could not save as Jpegs. I tried starting a new ppt with the same issue. I get to the save all screen and then it says "an error occurred with PowerPoint was saving the file." then it says "Sorry, we couldn't find G:\Documents\ ...... Slide1.jpg. Is it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted". PPT creates the normal folder but it puts nothing in it. I re-installed Office 365 and the same thing happened.  I can save the ppt file but I want the jpgs for presentation.

9 Replies

@Tony Redmond mentioned a similar issue yesterday, so adding him here.

@Vasil Michev Thanks, but my issue is different. Any time any application tries to save to JPEG, the dialog freezes (circle) and nothing happens. I can save to any other format. This started on Monday...

? Are there any replies to fix this issue??
No solutions yet,

I found this blog post about this issue:

https://blog.greglow.com/2018/04/16/general-powerpoint-sorry-we-couldnt-find-slide1-png-unexpected-s...

Turns out an extra space before the .pptx was the issue, had this work for someone I was troubleshooting with. Just wanted there to be a solution somewhere on Microsoft's forums about this... seeing as I couldn't find one.

@smitty3182 

i changed the filename vand ti seems to work fine now

Simple solution..but may I suggest Microsoft to delete the space after a PowerPoint file name if accidentally typed (or not deleted). But, I also turned on 'Show Extensions' to catch this glitch faster...at least for now. It's been a long time since I turned on extensions. Thanks!

@smitty3182 

Any objects embedded in PowerPoint?

It worked for me as well!  thanks loads!@joeybuffguy