SOLVED

Overpassing O365 sent emails limit

Microsoft

Hi,

We're working on a new service under Bing.com, which will be sending a huge set of emails to different receipients everyday, where the emails sent are not duplicates. I've heared about the 10K emails sent limitation in O365, while 10K doesn't fulfill our needs. How can we overpass this rule?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Akram Qalalwa (Microsoft)
Solution

These limits are described in the Exchange Online Service Description and that indeed is 10,000 recipients per day, as well as a 500 recipients limit in any one email and if using SMTP client submission 30 messages per minute are allowed. 

Ther is this caveat:

"Exchange Online customers who need to send legitimate bulk commercial email (for example, customer newsletters) should use third-party providers that specialize in these services."

I don't think there is a way to override those limits, as there in place to prevent spam and conserve resources.  A company like SendGrid would be an option or something purpose built to handle this amount of email sending.

Just not use Office 365, use other services that are better prepared for this scenarios...for instance Azure SendGrid

Hi Arkam,

Or use a third party bulk email system has been said, or if you have a Hybrid Exchange, use your on-premises Exchange to do that work.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Akram Qalalwa (Microsoft)
Solution

These limits are described in the Exchange Online Service Description and that indeed is 10,000 recipients per day, as well as a 500 recipients limit in any one email and if using SMTP client submission 30 messages per minute are allowed. 

Ther is this caveat:

"Exchange Online customers who need to send legitimate bulk commercial email (for example, customer newsletters) should use third-party providers that specialize in these services."

I don't think there is a way to override those limits, as there in place to prevent spam and conserve resources.  A company like SendGrid would be an option or something purpose built to handle this amount of email sending.

View solution in original post