Outlook365 rule for incoming CC and BCC messages

Copper Contributor

Hello, here is my question about Outlook 365 rules

I receive messages addressed two different email addresses:
myself_at_example.com and mygroup_at_example.com

By default, all these messages arrive in my inbox and  are addressed to either of the next three boxes:

• Some messages are addressed to the “To” box
  • Some messages are addressed to the “Cc” box
  • Some messages are addressed to the “Bcc” box

I simply want to move these messages to Outlook folders with the same name.
The folders “My Cc” and “My Bcc” are created by me in Outlook 365

• Messages addressed to the “To” box stay in the Inbox folder
  • Messages addressed to the “Cc” box to be moved to the outlook folder “My Cc”
  • Messages addressed to the “Bcc” box to be moved to the outlook folder ”My Bcc”

Suggested (non existing) outlook rules:

Step: Start
Apply rule on messages I receive.

Step: Select condition(s)
Sent to my Cc box

Step: Select action(s)
Move it to the “My Cc” folder

Or

Step: Start
Apply rule on messages I receive.

Step: Select condition(s)
Sent to my Bcc box

Step: Select action(s)
Move it to the “My Bcc” folder

I cannot find a solution in Outlook 365.

6 Replies
There is no condition you can use for the BCC scenario. The CC one is doable via the "where my name is in the CC box" condition.

@Vasil Michev 

Thank you for answering.

I  now understand the BCC scenario is not possible

The CC scenario can be realized with only my personal email address: 'myself_at_example.com'

The other email address in my example: 'mygroup_at_example.com' is a group email address and I'm one of the many members of this group.

I don't see a possibility the move email messages addressed to 'mygroup_at_example.com' and received in the Cc box to the Outlook folder "My Cc".

I hope somebody is able to make this possible in Outlook365. Any suggestions?

For that, you can use the "with specific words in the recipient's address" condition.
Dear Vasil,
Thanks again for answering.
I don't see how this should solve my issue.

With your proposal I can move ALL messages received by the group email address to a specific folder. I see no possibility to split messages send to the INBOX and messages send to the CC box.

Can you be more specific by describing the rule-steps?

Thank you.
You want to distinguish between messages addressed directly to you and those addressed to the group, right? For the former, you can use the "where my name is in the TO/CC box" type of condition. Anything not captured by such rule will be not be directly addressed to you, and you will be receiving it because you're a member of a group. The condition I mentioned above allows you to further narrow it down by which group exactly the message was addressed to, then decide on an action.
You need to use multiple rules, not one.
Dear Vasil,

Thanks again for answering.
I'm sorry but you did not get the point.
It's very simple to split email message to my personal email address from messages sent to my group mail.

The question is how do I move ALL email messages (sent to both my personal email address and my group email address) received in my CC box, to an outlook folder "My cc".
For my personal email address there is a suitable outlook rule condition: "Where my name is in the CC-box".
There is no such condition for messages sent to my group email address.