Outlook 2013 not automatically discovering mailbox migration to Office 365

Copper Contributor

Problem description

I am doing a hybrid migration from Exchange 2007 to Office 365, and using Exchange 2013 for hybrid functions including being the MRSProxy endpoint for the mailbox moves. I am able to move the mailboxes without issues, and my expectation and previous experience of hybrid migrations is that Outlook should automatically detect that the mailbox has moved to Office 365 and prompt to user to restart Outlook, after which it should automatically connect to the mailbox in Office 365. However, Outlook is not automatically detecting the mailbox move. I can manually configure it to connect to Office 365 by creating a new Outlook profile or clicking the 'Repair' button in account settings to perform a new autodiscover and get the settings to connect to mailbox in Office 365, but this is not an acceptable solution or workaround for users. What conditions could be causing this problem?

Other information:

1. ADFS is in use - the user accounts are federated.
  2. Exchange Online is configured to use modern authentication, although no MFA is configured.
  3. This has been tested with MSI install of Outlook 2013 as well as click to run (Office Pro Plus).

I'd appreciate any pointers to find the reason for this issue.

Thanks

0 Replies