SOLVED

Microsoft Editor Extension doesn't see subscription

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm having issue with enabling Refinements in Editor Chrome extension.

I've tried both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome on macos Monterey and both have Refinements disabled with tooltip to upgrade to Premium to get access to those features. 

I'm signed in with the account that have active Microsoft 365 Family subscription so from what I read online, I should have access to all features, right?

Can someone point me how to get the extension working?

I've also tried it in Windows 11 + Microsoft Edge combination but it's the same thing. Can't enable Refinements.

Screenshot 2022-01-03 at 08.39.56.pngScreenshot 2022-01-03 at 08.42.11.pngScreenshot 2022-01-03 at 08.41.13.png

9 Replies
best response confirmed by goranculibrk (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I'm thinking this must be related to your family subscription. I added the extension to Chrome on Mac OS Monterey just now and was able to see Refinements when logged into o365 with my O365 E3 licence. I don't have a family sub so can't compare. Maybe get yourself a free trial of O365 Business Premium or E3 and see if that makes a difference.
Thanks Peter, I can confirm that it's working with trial O365 Business Premium.
However, the landing page says that it's available under Personal and Family plans as well. I guess this is some bug or new decision to remove those features for personal users.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/microsoft-editor?activetab=tabs%3afaqheaderregion3

Has this been resolved? I'm having the same issue. O365 family. Microsoft Editor page says the extra options besides just spelling and grammar are available for all non-free account types, not just business. I've got a ticket in with browser support but hoping someone figured this out. 

For anyone else, this is still and issue for the Microsoft Edge version of the Editor extension. This works correctly in the Chrome version of the extension. At least for me anyway.

@digitalodin That's odd, I've got the chrome webstore version on Edge and on Brave (chromium based), and in both cases I can't use the premium features.

Just like some others, I've got an O365 Family plan. Recurring billing is off, but I can't imagine that it should make a difference or not.

C'mon Microsoft, let us family users enjoy Editor in its full power. Else we'd have picked Grammarly instead.

Same problem here. Family subscription, not able to configure premium features.
I do have recurring billing (auto payment) enabled. I pay annually.
RP
I am having the same problem, but in Chrome. I have a Microsoft365 personal subscription. Editor Refinements show up in the Edge extension, but not in the Chrome extension. Chrome is my default browser in Windows 11.

@lak611 i know it's been some time since you've asked, but i stumbled on a solution myself that I reproduced a few times and it seems to be working!

Posted on MS answers for others to find 

I happened to stumble on a solution, and it is just to wait! Reproduced a few times with different accounts and machines. Seems to be related to accounts with an alias set, but sometimes it's just because your account has *something* the plugin doesn't like.

Link to my MS answers post:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/microsoft-editor-chrome-plugin-refinements-pr...
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by goranculibrk (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I'm thinking this must be related to your family subscription. I added the extension to Chrome on Mac OS Monterey just now and was able to see Refinements when logged into o365 with my O365 E3 licence. I don't have a family sub so can't compare. Maybe get yourself a free trial of O365 Business Premium or E3 and see if that makes a difference.

View solution in original post