Issues with OneNote after email address change - Error code: 0xE0000024 c3zov

Copper Contributor

Hi all!

I've changed my surname meaning my email address has also changed and now I have issues with OneNote sync, getting error code: 0xE0000024 c3zov. I am unable to add any new notebooks, I can only access small part of my existing files on the browser. Any ideas how to fix this please?

4 Replies

@Joanna_Cresswell 

Hi Joanna - have you tried reopening the OneNote notebooks from Office portal?   https://answers.lancaster.ac.uk/display/ISS/OneNote+notebooks+fail+to+sync+after+Office+365+username... this URL has some screenshot on doing this.

I would also recommend signing out of OneNote by clicking your name in the top right and re-signing in using your updated email address - your office 365 account should be the same so there shouldn't be any permission issues

I have the same error code (0xE0000024 c3zov), however I haven't changed e-mail nor password --- it has just come out of nowhere. The issue has occurred before and after several days (week?) of frustration seemed to spontaneously resolve, but now its appeared again and is persisting. My experience is a bit different, despite same error code -- it says "Saved offline (sign-in requred)" despite me being signed in (ie. OneDrive and all other microsoft things work, including onenote online and Teams). I can create new pages, but they won't sync in the notebooks associated with my work account. When I attempt to sign in (noting that in account, the account is signed in, and not 'signed out'), nothing happens at all (no popup, nothing). Microsoft -- please fix this software!

In case of use to others reading this thread, one thing that seemed to work for me for now was to switch from using OneNote for Windows 10 (the version of the application i was using, which wouldn't sync/sign in) to OneNote 365 (the one that comes with office). The latter seemed to correctly sync and recognise that I was signed in.

In the event of purpose to others perusing this string, one thing that appeared to work for me until further notice was to change [hyperlink removed by admin] from utilizing OneNote for Windows 10 (the adaptation of the application I was utilizing, which wouldn't match up/sign in) to OneNote 365 (the one that accompanies office). The last option appeared to accurately match up and perceive that I was endorsed in.