Hello, Too add Google Chrome to the list of allowed applications for accessing the camera in your privacy settings on Windows 10 or Windows 11, follow these steps:
1. **Open Windows Settings:** Click on the "Start" menu, and then click on the gear-shaped "Settings" icon to open the Windows Settings.
2. **Go to Privacy Settings:** In the Windows Settings window, click on "Privacy."
3. **Select Camera:** In the left sidebar, click on "Camera" to access the camera privacy settings.
4. **Enable Camera Access:** Make sure that the "Camera access for this device is on" option is toggled to the "On" position.
5. **Allow Apps to Access Camera:** Scroll down to the section titled "Choose which apps can access your camera." Here, you'll see a list of apps that have requested camera access.
6. **Enable Chrome's Camera Access:** If you don't see Google Chrome listed under "Choose which apps can access your camera," it means Chrome has not yet requested camera access. To enable it, follow these steps:
a. Launch Google Chrome.
b. Navigate to a website or web application that requires camera access, such as a video conferencing site.
c. When Chrome tries to access the camera for the first time, Windows will prompt you to allow or deny access. Click on "Allow."
d. After allowing access, Chrome will be added to the list of apps with camera access in the Windows camera privacy settings.
7. **Adjust App Permissions (Optional):** You can also individually toggle camera access on or off for other apps listed in this section according to your preferences.
8. **Restart Chrome (If Necessary):** If you've enabled camera access for Chrome while it's already running, you may need to restart Chrome for the changes to take effect. Simply close and reopen Chrome.
Now, Google Chrome should have access to your camera as specified in your privacy settings.
Please note that the exact steps and options may vary slightly depending on your version of Windows and Chrome, but these general instructions should help you enable camera access for Chrome in most cases.