Change user's Voicemail Greeting with PowerShell

Iron Contributor

In order to modify user's voicemail greeting in MS Teams there're 2 possible scenarios:

1- The user is working = Very easy and can be configured by himself/herself
2- The user is out of office = The greeting message should be modified by PowerShell.

Scenario 1:

- Click on Teams Settings and go to "Calls" - "Configure Voicemail".

There you can configure a custom message and record one as well.

FcoManigrasso_0-1674217662859.png

Scenario 2:

- Connect to Teams Powershell.

- Ensure the user voicemail is enabled and configure the desired message:

Set-CsOnlineVoicemailUserSettings -Identity email address removed for privacy reasons -VoicemailEnabled $true

Set-CsOnlineVoicemailUserSettings -Identity email address removed for privacy reasons -PromptLanguage "en-US"

( Configure the correct prompt language for your user. In this example, it's English from USA ).

- Configure the desired voicemail greeting, ( both cmdlts ), ( Max. 200 Characters :(

Set-CsOnlineVoicemailUserSettings -Identity email address removed for privacy reasons -DefaultGreetingPromptOverwrite "Hello, I'm not available right now. Please let me a meesage and I'll come back to you as soon as possible"

Set-CsOnlineVoicemailUserSettings -Identity email address removed for privacy reasons -DefaultOofGreetingPromptOverwrite "Hello, I'm not available right now. Please let me a meesage and I'll come back to you as soon as possible"

NOTE: This change will take some hours to propagate, ( as usual in Teams ;) ).

0 Replies