Check your formula with value preview tooltips in Excel

Microsoft
Hi, Microsoft 365 Insiders! Steve Kraynak, a Product Manager on the Excel team is excited to share that they've added a value preview to tooltips to help you check your formulas directly in the formula bar or in the cell you’re editing. Simply select part of the formula, and Excel display's a tooltip that contains the current value of the part you highlighted. 

ValuePreview.gif

Head over to the blog post to get some tips and tricks!

Best,

Devin

Microsoft 365 Insider Social Community Manager

Become a Microsoft 365 Insider and gain exclusive access to new features while helping to shape the future of Microsoft 365. Join Now: Windows | Mac | iOS | Android

3 Replies
Waooo I really appreciate this I could have the privilege
I look forward to this being available.
This will help with tracking down problems in long formulas.
Hi,
I noted from the Current Channel release notes that this feature has just been released to non-Insider users, so I installed MS365 updates (some were downloaded and installed) and gave it a try... but nothing happened. Clicking on a function parameter in the tooltip to select it, and hovering my mouse cursor over the selected parameter/formula part does not produce a tooltip with a preview of the evaluation of that part of the formula.
I'm on Microsoft 365 Apps for business, Version 2303, Build 16227.20212 Click-to-Run, Current Channel.