Automatic bullet formatting in PowerPoint for the web

Copper Contributor

Hello, Microsoft 365 Insiders! I am Lakshay Gupta, a Product Manager on the PowerPoint for the web team. I am excited to let you know that we have added automatic formatting for bulleted lists to PowerPoint for the web. This brings parity with PowerPoint on other platforms and will make your text editing and formatting easier.  

Automatic bullet formatting in PowerPoint for the web 

Bulleted lists are one of the most used features in PowerPoint for the web. They help you effectively tell your story – with short, easy to scan, high impact statements. 

Previously, you had to set up a bulleted list: switch to the ribbon, choose the type of bullet you wanted, and then select the desired bullet icon style.  Now you can create bulleted lists without having to lift your fingers off the keyboard or break your editing flow. 

BulletFormatting.png

Interested? Learn more in our blog post!

Best,

Nathan

Microsoft 365 Insider Social Community Manager

Become a Microsoft 365 Insider and gain exclusive access to new features while helping to shape the future of Microsoft 365. Join Now: Windows | Mac | iOS | Android

4 Replies
Nathan, do these work across the board or are there differences f.e. when you use them in word or f.e. at a later point maybe in Loop?
Hello! These commands work in desktop Word, for example, but not all work in Word for the Web at this time. I do not know a timeline where this might be expanded to more applications but if you'd like to suggest inclusion, please feel free to provide feedback or suggestions by navigating to Help > Feedback in PowerPoint for the Web, or contact us directly by emailing us at email address removed for privacy reasons. Thanks!

@NathanPfeifer 

All bullets and numbering lists worked in Outlook for the Web except for the <> (Diamond).

Very useful!

/Teresa

#traccreations4e

Is there anyway to customize it ?
For example, I want to build my own list of characters and associate them with bullet.