Why has the button disappeared that allowed you to switch between number and letter keyboard?

Copper Contributor

Hi, I am on an Android (galaxy) tablet using Excel.

Always before, when I went to edit a cell, either the normal keyboard or the number keyboard would pop up.  This should be dependent on the cell format but actually only seems to work if there is actual numbers or formula in the cell, otherwise the letter (normal) keyboard always pops up.

This didnt greatly worry me because there was another button (bottom left I think) that allowed you to switch between the two.

HOWEVER, a few days ago the button disappeared and I can't get it back.

3 Replies

@MP3926 We are having the same issue. But have not been able to find a work around.

It looks like I'm not the only one that this has happened to. This problem is causing me a lot of stress. Thought it was my android galaxy tab but obviously its affecting others too so must be app update issue

@Banditman  Yes, many of us have this problem. But it's interesting, on my Huawei tablet button for numerical keys apperars, on Samsung not. The same version of Excel (but it looks, OS version does problem)...