SOLVED

Which versions of office have the UNIQUE Function?

Copper Contributor

Hi,

According to

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/unique-function-c5ab87fd-30a3-4ce9-9d1a-40204fb85e1e?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us 

It is not clear which versions of office have the UNIQUE function. It says "This function is currently available only to Microsoft 365 subscribers."

I have a Office 365 Enterprise subscription and noticed that the UNIQUE function exists on the Office version "Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise" but not on "Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus" and I haven't found any specific info about it online.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by hragi (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@hragi 

Office 365 has become Microsoft 365 in April of 2020. If you have Office 365 ProPlus, it hasn't been updated for at least a year and a half. If you have a subscription, you should be able to update to Microsoft 365; you should then be able to use functions such as UNIQUE.

Hi Hans.
Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm not personally affected by it, just needed to confirm Office 365 ProPlus does not have UNIQUE function even if you are logged in with the correct subscription. I'm aware it is possible to upgrade but not all companies can do that right away if they are still using an outdated version. It would be good if the article mentioned above from Microsoft clearly defined which versions have the function and which don't, just to have an official confirmation. Reason I asked is because a customer queried about it and I could not give a 100% assurance although it seems clear Office 365 ProPlus does not have it. I'm happy with your response, thank you.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by hragi (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@hragi 

Office 365 has become Microsoft 365 in April of 2020. If you have Office 365 ProPlus, it hasn't been updated for at least a year and a half. If you have a subscription, you should be able to update to Microsoft 365; you should then be able to use functions such as UNIQUE.

View solution in original post