SOLVED

View all tabs in Excel Sheet

Copper Contributor

How do I view all tabs in an Excel Sheet at once (I don't want to right click on the bottom left and go to the Activate pop up that appears and go to a tab, I'm talking of viewing all tabs in one view after I open Excel)

Is there a way to make the tabs at the bottom multiple rows so that after the first row of tabs, the next rows of tabs is visible?

5 Replies

@AnzaGen 

No, Excel does not have an option to display sheet tabs in multiple rows.

The only thing you can do is make the horizontal scroll bar narrower.

Or, in File > Options > Advanced > Display options for this workbook, clear the check box "Show horizontal scroll bar".

HansVogelaar_0-1685310827687.png

That will leave more room for the sheet tabs. But it won't help if the number of sheets is large.

No build in view to consolidate all sheets to one, you need more step to convert.
Where is this option in Excel for Mac
best response confirmed by AnzaGen (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@AnzaGen On a Mac the horizontal scroll bar sits above of the sheet tabs. There is no option to shrink/expand or hide it and it follows the width of the Excel window.

The number of visible sheet tabs depends on the length of the sheet names and the size of your window/screen. For example, on my 13" MB Air (full screen) I can fit 16 default tabs (Sheet1 - Sheet16) and they will not wrap to the next row when I add more. 

You could suggest it as a new feature. Perhaps MS will do something about it. Help, Feedback, 'I have a suggestion'

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by AnzaGen (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@AnzaGen On a Mac the horizontal scroll bar sits above of the sheet tabs. There is no option to shrink/expand or hide it and it follows the width of the Excel window.

The number of visible sheet tabs depends on the length of the sheet names and the size of your window/screen. For example, on my 13" MB Air (full screen) I can fit 16 default tabs (Sheet1 - Sheet16) and they will not wrap to the next row when I add more. 

You could suggest it as a new feature. Perhaps MS will do something about it. Help, Feedback, 'I have a suggestion'

View solution in original post