VBA CODING

Copper Contributor

Hi There can anybody help me in doing VBA coding as I'm trying doing it but noy able in getting right outcome......

4 Replies

@manshatayal6432 

Getting started with VBA in Office

Are you facing a repetitive clean up of fifty tables in Word? Do you want a particular document to prompt the user for input when it opens? Are you having difficulty figuring out how to get your contacts from Microsoft Outlook into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet efficiently?

You can perform these tasks and accomplish a great deal more by using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) for Office—a simple, but powerful programming language that you can use to extend Office applications.

The upper link is for experienced Office users who want to learn about VBA and who want some insight into how programming can help them to customize Office.

If you want something more specific, I recommend to provide more information. You'll get a quicker and more accurate answer, and those who want to help don't have to invest time guessing the problem. I recommend: Always inform about your Excel version, operating system, storage medium/hard drive, OneDrive, Sharepoint, etc.). If possible, add a file (without sensitive data) and use this file to describe your project step by step, or add photos with the appropriate description. Don't forget that not every Excel user has a clue about every job and what you see he can't see. In this link you will find some more information about it:

Welcome to your Excel discussion space!

Hope I was able to help you with this information.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

I want to know that in excel if i type some code related to fGrade function like
[ Function fGrade (score as integer, score_range as range)
C = 100 - worksheetfunction. Max(score_range)
FGrade = score + C
End Function ]
It's not giving expected outcome :(

@manshatayal6432 

What is Fgrade?...certainly not a formula...

Do you mean something like this?

Excel Grade Formula

With your permission, I recommend to provide more information.

You'll get a quicker and more accurate answer, and those who want to help don't have to invest time guessing the problem.

I recommend: Always inform about your Excel version, operating system, storage medium/hard drive, OneDrive, Sharepoint, etc.).

If possible, add a file (without sensitive data) and use this file to describe your project step by step, or add photos with the appropriate description.

Don't forget that not every Excel user has a clue about every job and what you see he can't see.

In this link you will find some more information about it:

Welcome to your Excel discussion space!

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Hope I was able to help you with this information.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE 

Maybe this can help you...otherwise I can't help, maybe someone who knows more about this will get in touch.

Get the Grade based on the Marks Scored

Sub Grade()
Dim StudentMarks As Integer
Dim FinalGrade As String
StudentMarks = InputBox("Enter Marks")

Select Case StudentMarks

Case Is < 33
FinalGrade = "F"

Case 33 To 50
FinalGrade = "E"

Case 51 To 60
FinalGrade = "D"