SOLVED

Using Pivot table with filtering by conditions

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I use pivot table to calculate orders, prices and total for each state like the picture below. I want to add a condition for Orders such as less than 94. This means all data would be changed in the pivot table with a condition for Sum of Orders column. How can I do? 

Thank you,

filter by conditions.jpg

2 Replies
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@Rosy_888 

You would like to filter source data. PivotTable ignores filtering of the source and works on entire data. Workarounds could be

- create new filtered table and build PivotTable on it, sample is here Pivot Table from Filtered List Visible Rows – Contextures Blog

- load parameter to data model, e.g. with Power Query, create DAX measure which uses this parameter to sum data and build PivotTable on data model using such measure 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@Rosy_888 

You would like to filter source data. PivotTable ignores filtering of the source and works on entire data. Workarounds could be

- create new filtered table and build PivotTable on it, sample is here Pivot Table from Filtered List Visible Rows – Contextures Blog

- load parameter to data model, e.g. with Power Query, create DAX measure which uses this parameter to sum data and build PivotTable on data model using such measure 

View solution in original post