Using "Help" tab in Excel

Copper Contributor

Lately when I select "Help" tab on my laptop, I get "something went wrong" in the sidebar instead of usual Help topics. When I do same on the desktop, I get the usual return of various topics to look through. I'm certain this just happened recently because I've used the Help tab in the past. Cannot determine what is different. 

Thank you!

2 Replies

@DNA_Weaver 

If you are experiencing an issue with the Help tab on your laptop where you see a "something went wrong" message instead of the usual help topics, it could be due to a number of factors. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check your internet connection: Make sure you are connected to the internet and have a stable connection. Sometimes a weak or interrupted connection can cause issues with accessing online resources.

2. Clear your browser cache: Clearing your browser cache and cookies can sometimes resolve issues with accessing certain websites or resources. Go to your browser settings and clear your cache and cookies, then try accessing the Help tab again.

3. Check for updates: Make sure your laptop's operating system and web browser are up to date. Updates can sometimes fix issues with certain features or functions.

4. Try a different browser: If the issue persists, try accessing the Help tab using a different web browser to see if the issue is specific to your current browser.

5. Contact technical support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may need to contact technical support for your laptop or the software you are using to access the Help tab. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or help you resolve the issue.

It's likely an account issue. Go to File / Account and resolve with Fix Account button (if present) or sign out and sign back in.