Usage of external data source in Excel for iPad

Copper Contributor

Good day, 

i‘ve got a question. 

Is it possible to update an Excel-sheet in Excel for iPad which i‘ve created in Excel for Mac and which is using an external data source ? I made an Excel-sheet with share-prices. On my Mac i can update this sheet with actual share-prices but not on Excel for iPad. 

Is it generally possible to work in Excel for iPad with external data sources ?

Many thank‘s in advance for your help ! 

4 Replies

@MatzeHH 

My knowledge of the ipad is limited to the essentials (to put it mildly). But during my research I came across the following information, which I am sending you.

* It is better to have an imprecise answer than none at all (Nikolino).

On the Data tab, in the Connections group, click Update All. To update only the selected data, click Update. You can also right-click a cell in the range or table, and then click Update.

Sources:

Excel for iPad Help

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/excel-for-ipad-help-6b5dc2e1-a8e4-48e6-bb69-cb9a3964bc91?...

Refresh an external data connection in Excel

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/refresh-an-external-data-connection-in-excel-1524175f-777...

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE soory for late reply :flushed_face: 

many thank‘s for your research, but it is still not working. In the iPad-version there‘s a data-tab but you‘ve got only 4 options under this tab and unfortunately no refresh-button like in the desktop-version. 

In the meantime i accepted that currently there‘s no possibility to use the moibile Excel-version for my purposes. 

Once again many thank‘s & Regards

Matthias

@NikolinoDE You could not be more wrong about that. In what world is an incorrect answer better than no answer at all? I mean, this idea isn’t debatable in the least. It’s flat out dumb. If you don’t know the answer, don’t answer it!

@Chuck Hildebrandt 

There are people who can find a problem with every suggested solution and there are people who get a step further with every suggested solution.

Any proposal for a solution generates energy, energy generates work and work creation.

No proposal for a solution, it produces inaction, inaction creates stagnation, stagnation creates… Nothing, Rien, Nichto, Nanimonai.

In this forum there is no place for insults to impose one's personal point of view,

Everyone has their own point of view, that doesn't mean that the other's point of view is "stupid" .

Realizing one's own stupidity can be painful.

But by no means stupid (Oliver Hassencamp).