unequal tables

Copper Contributor

Hi there, my columns are unequal: see attached (yellow columns). How can I equalize them to column 1, to have proper data in rows?

Thank you for any tips.

Zrzut ekranu 2023-01-25 o 13.27.01.png

6 Replies
Hello @Eliza55 What do you mean by "unequal"? What do you mean by "equalize"? If you want the yellow ranges to have the same value of the corresponding cell in column A you can use a formula for example in cell B2 you can use =A2, in cell D2 use =A2, and in cell F2 use =A2 and then you can drag down the columns to make it all "equal"??? By the way, I see that in column A the values maybe stored as text (Left justified) vs numbers in the other columns (Right justified). That's OK but not standard practice. Let us know what you exactly mean so we can better help you.

@WassimN I have commodity good code in column B, D, F, H, K for annual value of import (column C, F, H, J, L). All these goods codes should correspond to the code in the first column (all codes list). They do not. See pic. Zrzut ekranu 2023-01-25 o 14.57.26.png

Hello @Eliza55,
Still Not clear. the data in Column B is not the same as Column D but that is not the important issue. I would suggest stating your question in a couple of examples such as:
I want Cell C2 to be xxx because Cell A1 has 101, and then I want Cell C3 to be yyy because Cell A1 has 102. And many of these pointers so that we can figure what is best. You know your project inside-out, but we don't and we need to be able to make that mental image as to what the final outcome will look like to get you the best results. Right now, with my very limited understanding of what is needed, I am thinking you should look into the XLOOKUP function, but then again, very limited understanding.
OK, I want cells in column B equal to column A, but B should change together with column C values. So, cell B22 need to go down to the row 32, it should go together with a value in the cell C22.
Hello @Eliza55
Looking at Row 22:
A22 has 305, B22 has 403. Should B22 be 305? C22 has 334708.362 this should be on Row 28 (C28) because A28 is 403 and B22 is 403?
Please let us know...

@WassimN yes, your interpretation is righ. I need all rows equal according to column A, and together with the values (B&C, E&F, G&H, ...)

So, according to A22, in B22 should be "305" which is now in B17, and "empty cell", which is now in C17.

-- according to A28, in B28 should be "403" which is now in B22, and "334708.362", which is now in C22

-- according to A31, in b31 should be "406", which is now in B25, and "107648323.903", which is now in C25

etc....