Unable to edit comments on some cells

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I would like to forward my concern regarding editing comments because I can't edit comments on some cells. I don't have the option to edit it, there is only two option on my end when I click the ellipses (3 dots) on the comment box "Delete & Resolved Thread". I have tried editing both on Web and Desktop Application but it is not working. Please help me to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Attached is a screenshot of how it looks on my end. Note, this occurs only on some cells. Some cells were working and I have the option to edit it but some also did not. I appreciate an immediate response to this.

Thank you!

5 Replies
According to Excel help, you are only allowed to edit your own comments.

@Jan Karel PieterseThanks for this. If that's what Excel help answered, why is it that I can edit other cells which I did not create? However, in my case, there are "SOME" cells I can't edit.

I don't really know, can you upload a sample file and mark the ones you can and the ones you cannot edit please? Please make sure the file has no sensitive content.

@Jan Karel PieterseSee attached screenshots for cells that I can edit and cannot. Both comments were created by the same person.

Odd indeed.