SOLVED

Spreadsheet Help

Copper Contributor

Hi Excel Gurus

I am a bit of an amateur Excel user and am hoping that someone can help me with this request.

What I am wanting to do is create a spreadsheet with available appointment times each day.  Once a staff member has selected a time that they would like then the remainder of the appointment options for that same day are hidden or removed - this allowing only one appointment to be made for each day.

Fingers crossed :)

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@CarolG1860 

The attached is very basic, but I think it does what you're asking. I don't have any idea how you plan to make it available to those staff members, but that's up to you to handle.

This shows each day down the left, and each hour across the top. Once a person puts a mark (perhaps initials or name) in any of the columns, that row disappears. That disappearance is managed by using a filter (Data....Filter....) in column K. Column K could be hidden if you want to. Your choice.

In order to see what hours have been selected and by whom, you'd need to go in and change the filter. Right now there are marks in 5/8/23 and 5/13/23, for example. To see them, you'll have to access the filter settings, which you can do by clicking on the little funnel icon in the header labeled "Taken"

@mathetes 

Thank you for your reply and your example, it is certainly a good starting base for me to work with.  I appreciate it.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@CarolG1860 

The attached is very basic, but I think it does what you're asking. I don't have any idea how you plan to make it available to those staff members, but that's up to you to handle.

This shows each day down the left, and each hour across the top. Once a person puts a mark (perhaps initials or name) in any of the columns, that row disappears. That disappearance is managed by using a filter (Data....Filter....) in column K. Column K could be hidden if you want to. Your choice.

In order to see what hours have been selected and by whom, you'd need to go in and change the filter. Right now there are marks in 5/8/23 and 5/13/23, for example. To see them, you'll have to access the filter settings, which you can do by clicking on the little funnel icon in the header labeled "Taken"

View solution in original post