Sorting in Excel

Copper Contributor

Hi All, I'm new to this so just throwng looking for advice.

If i have a table i want to sort via clicing on watver cell i click, how do i do this?

For example if my table was as below i want ti click Contract type and the table sort a-z below, if i click again it would sort z-a. If i thin click 2020 Quarterly Charge it would display lowest to highest value below and clicked again it would return highest to lowest order .  I've seen these tables on line with an up/down arrow sign but can't find on Excel so maybe it's Microsoft Access platform or something.  any help would be greatly appreciated!  B

Contract TypeDevelopment 2020 Quarterly ChargeQ1 AFS CALC
Fire Alarm and Emergency LightingAchill Square€233.97€198.90
Fire Alarm and Emergency LightingAdamstown€920.00€876.35
Fire Alarm and Emergency LightingAllendale€135.00€106.96
Emergency Lights onlyCNML Block 1€250.00€168.25

5 Replies

@BernardThomasWalsh 

Here's a resource that should answer your question. https://exceljet.net/lessons/how-to-sort-an-excel-table

To sort in Excel is one of the simplest operation.

All you need to do is to right-click on the column you want to sort. Then select Sort A - Z or Sort Z - A.

To Sort on Multiple columns, click on the Custom Sort in the data tab. Select the columns from the dropdowns
Hi there. I know that. I'm trying to find out low you get 2 arrows both up and down in the cells thus whatever cell you click on the table automatically sorts by that columb?

Like the one attached. Thank you for replying! :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:
Sent further info. That video didn't show me what I wanted. Thanks for replying though

@BernardThomasWalsh 

Do you have reason to believe that's an Excel screen shot?

It might be, I suppose, but I've never seen that pairing of arrows in the headings of an Excel Table...

If it is, and you do find out how to do it , please come back and share the news.