Something distorted my Workbook and everything within

Copper Contributor
I'm working on a Workbook in XLSM format and editing some userform. At that time, I was using a 4k display with the Scaling options under Windows' Display Settings set to 225%. Suddenly, my laptop went into BSOD. I figured WTH and went with restarting it and continued with my work.

That's before the incident. Then the horrible non-stop problem occurred.

Whenever I open the workbook, my entire workbook - every column, every button, every image, is stretched - in a way that I believe is 225% of what I originally set them as. In that case, I cannot click any of the buttons (as they're in a weird state), and even if I tried twice to manually correct everything based on a 1080p, 100% Scaled monitor (which my office desktop and other coworkers often used), it would revert to this stretched and distorted state whenever I reopen the workbook.

I've tried the following:
1) Open the backed up versions (up to 6 months old) and the distortion would still occur
2) Tried a new computer and the distortion remains
3) Tested the file on local drive, Google Drive, OneDrive and Dropbox and the problem would remain. It's not a software conversion issue
4) Tried a new workbook without VBA, and the problem is gone, but
5) Tried a few other workbooks with VBA and the problem is there for some but not for others
6) Opened the workbooks under safe mode, and the problem is gone

This is the 'Normal' looking sample worksheet. As you can see, everything is fine.

Now, the same file, unedited, but opened under normal mode

As you can clearly see, the screen is stretched out based on where the end of the columns are. And as you can see, the buttons are deformed, and the logos and the picture in the middle are stretched out of proportion.

I will attach the file for anyone interested in giving it a go. Please help!

Excel Ver: 16.0.12410.20000 x64 MSO
0 Replies