Side scroll nonfunctional (NOT scroll lock)

Copper Contributor

I run very large reports that I then filter to pull up records for specific clients.  Most of the time that's fine, but every once in a while when I filter for some random name, the page becomes inert, the scroll bar is permanently at the bottom, and I can't get the sheet to give up any information therein contained.  I have to run the whole report again to access that client's information.  This happens completely randomly  This is NOT scroll lock.

1 Reply

@Carol Kaminski 

With your permission, I recommend that you perform a Windows and Office update before starting anything else.
It would be best if you insert a file (without sensitive data) where the problem occurs.
On the basis of this file, explain when and under what name the file / worksheet is stuck.

As far as I have read, there was such a bug in Windows version 1709 (i think, not sure), but it has been corrected. But it was for Windows Enterprise Version.

Fixed an issue where Excel might become unresponsive after using CTRL + SHIFT + arrow keys to scroll when sharing the Excel window through Microsoft Teams.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)