Shortcut to jump to formula bar in Excel 365

Copper Contributor

I would like to know if there is a keyboard shortcut to jump to the formula bar in MS Excel 365.

The shortcut used to be F2 + Ctrl A in previous versions of Excel, but it is no longer working in Excel 365.

I know that I could turn off "Allow editing directly in cells", but that is not what I'm looking for. I want to edit formulas directly in the cell, but be able to switch to the formula bar if needed.

Would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this one.

Thanks!

4 Replies

@shipen770 

There currently doesn't seem to be a keyboard shortcut for that. You might use File > Feedback to submit a suggestion or send a frown.

Thanks for the answer, Hans. I've sent feedback from the app. Let's hope the developing team takes my suggestion into consideration. In the meanwhile, if anyone happens to know if the functionality has migrated to another shortcut, please let me know, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

@shipen770, in my laptop, Fn+F2 followed by Ctrl-A is working in Excel 365, desktop version. However, it only works in empty cells. Also, it starts the new cell with an equal sign, which is not what I always want. But it is the only way I found to jump to the formula bar without using the mouse.

@OsorioSP You're right, Fn+F2 works.